It turns out that we both feel totally blessed to have found each other: Marissa for finding someone who loves to play with her energetic, busy boy, and me for finding such a sweet, loving family-oriented home to spend most of my day in and not-to-mention the cutest little munchkin I've ever worked with! I keep telling his mom that I don't even consider this a job as much (sometimes you just don't feel like going to your "job") whereas I feel super excited when I walk up the driveway because I know who's inside waiting to play! It's more of a joy than a "job" :) This age is so adorable with learning to walk, sign and talk, understand humorous incidents, etc.
Here is a brief synopsis of what our daily routine is usually like:
8:00a.m.- I arrive and Liam greets me with the cutest smile :D
8:30a.m.- Mom and Dad leave for work, breakfast (yogurt, waffles, juice)
9:00a.m.- Playtime!
10:00a.m.- Snack
10:30a.m.- Milk, 1st nap
11:00(ish)a.m.- Snack, playtime!
12:00-12:30p.m.- Lunch (veggies, soup, juice)
1:00p.m.(ish)p.m.- Go for a walk in the stroller, snacks
1:45p.m.- Playtime!
2:00p.m.- Milk, nap
3:00p.m.- Play until Mom or Dad (Mike) gets home
5:00p.m.- Mom or Dad comes home!
It's really cool because Marissa only feeds him organic food so he's well on his way to a healthy life! He can say "Ma-ma" and "Da-da", and we're working on "Jess" now, but maybe he can just say "Silly" instead because I'm such a goofball with him! Sometimes I think he's laughing with me but he's probably really thinking, "Where do you come up with these saying and songs??" I'll tell ya, sometimes they come from childhood, sometimes from MyGym (where I used to work), and yup sometimes they just come to me! He likes it the most when he gets bored munching on a meal and I'll get up and put on a little mini theatre for him! Five years of show choir pays off, even in nannying! His favorite "show" I do is Sweet Georgia Brown, where I pretend like I can tap dance- he loves it! We're also learning peek-a-boo, simple songs like Old MacDonald, and staying still while Jess changes his diaper! We're really trying to work on that last one ;)
He's really rubbing off on me! Boston may not love my "new voice" as much because I come home and start talking in baby talk to him! Oops! Sorry sweetie, thank you for loving me anyways!
Altogether I'm loving spending so much time with Liam. He is such a good boy and it's so fun to get to know his sweet sprit and great amount of love for his mommy and daddy, and for me. I am amazed at how much more excited I am to see him everyday I go over... I am so blessed to have found such a great family!



I totally know what you mean by the "new voice" thing--Cigi used to say "I'm not a kid" all the time because i didn't realize i was using my "teacher" voice with him.
ReplyDeleteLiam takes really short naps?
I'm so glad you're having so much fun with him! (You'll have to give me ideas on raising boys.)