So Boston and I have been out here in Pennsylvania for the summer with his Mama (Shellie) and sister Albany! Mama is an excellent home-maker and specializes in quilt-making as well! She teaches quilt classes, hopes to own a real, traditional Amish quilt from Lancaster and even runs her own business right from home! She's always working on a new, beautiful quilt for her friends, clients, children, and home... believe me, there's nothing ordinary about these quilts at all! Just take a look at the one she made for Boston and I for our wedding
...............................


Talk about beautiful!
This is just a taste of the kinds of things she does, and happens to also be my personal favorite :)
The diamond shape is called barn-raising- it's symbolic of a union or marriage... how appropriate!
She made another one for me at Christmas which was mine and Boston's favorite colors intertwined like a weave, a pattern that won her first place at a quilting convention voted by the people, not just quilters. So you can only imagine how great that one looks, too! How cool to have some of these amazing works of art to take home with us to to remind us of how much we're loved!
Albany is our cool little sister who's going to be a "real adult" soon... hitting the big 1-8! That's right, she'll be off to college as well when we go back at the end of summer. Boston and I got the chance to attend her graduation, and she happens to be the last of the Blake siblings to graduate! It was a way fun night because Pappy (Darren) was home too and Mama and Pappy took us all to The Outback Steakhouse for dinner. If you've never tried a Bloomin' Onion, you should! Albany also got her choice of whatever steak she wanted, and shared it with all of us. It was one of the best pieces of meat we've ever tried! I highly recommend The Outback for any special occasion (no, Outback didn't pay me to write that...). Albany is going to be working most days during the summer so she can save up to do all the fun random stuff college brings... you gotta plan ahead! She's pretty rad, it's way fun getting to know more about this sweet girl!
Pappy is actually away while Boston and I are out here, so we sadly don't get the chance to see him very much, but he is doing well in his job down in good ol' Texas. His Spanish is coming along pretty well so far, and he gets to travel a lot!
I've never met Boston's brother Dallas, who is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but I'm sure he's gotta be a cool guy if I know anything about his brother and family. They're all good people, and I'm really blessed to live in their sweet home and get to know them a little better before starting school.
Finally, there's Daisy, the cute doggie of the family. She's a 13-year-old miniature Dachshund and just about the cutest thing you ever saw when she sleeps. She's a little different from other Dachshunds, looks about 1/2 as plump, and twice as long because of it. She's sweet and cries at thunderstorms, wears a doggie diaper, and loves to go "outside" (potty) so she can get a treat when she comes back in.
Daisy................................................

So there's the fam in a nutshell!



No comments:
Post a Comment