Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adding Kefir to my Diet!

I just bought a new product (well, so the product itself isn't new... but it's the first time I've had it). It's called Kefir. I found it at Sunflower market, and have heard you can find it at most health food stores. I first heard about Kefir from my Anthropology professor. She has been influencing me so much on diet and health, which is why I've become so gung-ho on these new findings of mine! So Kefir: It's basically a drinkable yogurt, and comes in different flavors. When I first tasted it, it had a certain "zing" to it, similar to a carbonated drink, but much, much milder. I could only feel the "zing" on my tongue, as opposed to down my throat as well, like a carbonated beverage. After doing my own research on the product, I've found that Kefir is one of the best foods on earth for your digestive tract, and can aid in helping your immune system. Kefir grains originated in the Caucasas mountains (between the Black and Caspian Seas). Because yogurt has been more mainstream, Kefir never really got very big here in the U.S. of A., since it has many of the same effects yogurt does on the body, from things like healthy bacteria; only Kefir is a natural antibiotic and about a thousand times stronger! Go ahead and check Kefir out for yourself!

http://www.yourkefirsource.com/Exclusive_Kefir_Report.pdf

There are stories of cured ulcers, constipation problems solved, and even better sleep (and not just better, but being able to sleep soundly for those who could never have a restful night before!). I truly believe that God made natural products that are made for the prupose of us using, instead of unnecessary medicines. Yes, some medicines are necessary. But I believe that if something
canbe fixed naturally, it's probably better to try those natural ways out before crippling our bodies with powerful and often dangerous medicines. I am not against medicine. However, I believe that there are God-made, natural medicines out there that we have entrusted only scientists to finding the answers to, when really the answers were here the whole time. I'm just out to find the ones that I don't know about! So I'm doing my homework, both in school and in the home, to better my life!

P.S. I had strawberry Kefir and I think it tastes GREAT! Just like drinkable yogurt. I'll update about any improvement in health, energy, digestion, etc. after a few weeks or so go by :)

3 comments:

  1. You sure know how to make something sound good :) I'd like to try it. Do they only sell it at places like the Sunflower Market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked for it in regular grocery stores quite yet, but I know for sure Sunflower Market and Good Earth have Kefir. I can let you know the effect it has on my body in about a week or so if you are considering trying it (I like to have other people try things before me so that I can make sure it's reliable and, well, safe! I'd be happy to be your guinea pig since I'm already trying it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found Kefir at Macey's next to the yogurts

    ReplyDelete