Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our Lives :)

Boston and I have decided that we are like a cat and a dog. Allow me explain:

Jess: The Cat.

I get tired really easily. I have been tested for my thyroid, anemia, hypoglycemia, etc. with negative results with all. Chronic fatigue? Perhaps. Either way, I get worn out from just about anything. Working, playing, going in the sun, going in the cold, sitting, standing, typing... it all makes me tired. Well, I've always loved my naps and sleep, ever since I was a baby. Growing up my mom would tell me stories about how I would disappear from the rest of the family, and when they finally found me I'd be asleep in my crib with thumb-in-mouth, happy as could be. Lately naps have been increasingly harder to have, with ever-changing work schedules, and my mind racing so fast everything that I should be doing instead, that naps are nearly impossible. I got home from a 5-hour shift at work today, and planed on going to the gym. I've been needing to go, but haven't been going regularly for about 3 weeks now. I love the gym! But, with my "fatigue" and crazy schedule, it's hard to always get there. I was lying on my bed today, thinking about how good it feels just to lie there in my gym clothes (instead of going to the gym), and texted this to Boston:

"I'm like a cat. A really good day would consist of the following: waking up before anyone else, eating, washing myself and cleaning my surroundings, napping in the sunshine, waking up to eat, taking a good look at the world from a distance, and going back to sleep for hours. Repeat."

His text response:

"Haha, and I am like a dog: wake up, pee, play, eat, play some more, eat, play play play, sleep."

It's very true! Thanks for reading this little insight of our lives :)

5 comments:

  1. ha ha! Jessica I'm with you. I love my naps!! When Evelyn is asleep, so am I. Can't live without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I need more of them, but can't seem to let myself lately! So much on my mind. I"m sure it's nice to get a nap with cute daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica! I've missed you since we moved! I'm glad I bookmarked your blog months ago and I actually had a second to check blogs today and smiled at your post. I hope everything is going well with RS, school, family, and work. We need to get together sometime! Call me when you get a chance. Love, Amy P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe thanks Adele.

    Amy- You are so sweet! I hope you guys are loving your new place! yes, let's please get together sometime... if you ever want to bring your boys over to the park before the colder season hits we can do dessert together or something! Let me know if and when that works!

    ReplyDelete