Monday, March 1, 2010

Tender Mercy

I just wanted to take a minute to bare testimony of the Lord's mercy for us. I had one of the busiest weeks last week and didn't get around to all of my homework, especially in math. Today, I woke up early in attempts to finish my math homework that was due at 9:00am. By the time I finished getting ready, though, I barely had enough time to do a few problems out of the fifteen that were due. I have a ballet class at 8:00am (so directly before the homework is due), and my ballet teacher, Professor Dominguez, is really strict about tardies and absences, even if you're sick. I had already missed ballet once this semester from being really sick, so I didn't want to miss again from chosing to do my homework instead. However, I really want to keep up my math grade (I currently have an A, and I want it to stay that way!). So I had a dilemma. If I miss 3 ballet classes, I fail the class. If I get an absence plus a tardy, it lowers your grade a whole letter. After a few minutes of trying to zip through my math homework, I realized it was impossible to finish and still make ballet. So, I decided to skip out on ballet, or at least be very tardy if I was able to get the homework finished in time to make some of the class period. I saw my friends and let them know I wouldn't be in class. They told me that they think we had an exam today about ballet terms! Urgh! I was really hoping we wouldn't have an exam. I kept doing my homework. A few minutes went by and I sat outside my ballet class doing my math homework and worrying about my potential exam that I'm missing, an absence or tardy, and maybe not even finishing my math homework in the end. I was praying that the exam might not be today, and that I could understand the math to be able to get it done quickly. A few minutes later, the same friends came out and said, "Don't worry, Jess! Professor Dominguez hurt his foot so he canceled ballet!" Relief filled m whole body! I silently thanked Heavenly Father for such kindness and mercy! I don't know why He wanted to bless me in this way; I suppose it may partly be because He knew that I tried my best to finish everything before it was due, but couldn't find the energy or time to be able to make it happen. Either way, He blessed me so richly this day. I testify of the Lord, that He knows us, that he knows the desires and intents of our hearts, and that He wants to bless us. I testify of prayer and faith, and that Heavenly Father answers those prayers with kindness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment