We had a heavenly Valentine's Day weekend! We started with the day to ourselves and the chance to sleep in on Saturday. Boston had told me earlier in the week that he had a surprise dinner planned for our one year anniversary. He also advised me to dress nice and be ready to leave by 3:15pm. I wore a cute maroon dress and black leggings with my pea-coat (love that coat!), and Boston wore his stripped red and charcoal sweater from Christmas. I had kind of guessed where we'd be going, since he was talking about how pricy it was going to be and how he had "already confirmed the reservation" a few days beforehand. (I only know of one place that confirms reservations days ahead of the meal in Utah County.) Sure enough, we drove up the long hill towards Orem and pulled into the Chef's Table parking lot! Chef's Table is one of Utah's finest dining restaurants, known for its elegance and class, and one of my favorite restaurants! It's so classy that there is a worker there whose sole job is to change out your silverware after you've buttered your roll, haha! We'd been there twice before for dinner, but I think it's sort of a special place for us, especially now that we've been there for our anniversary dinner.
Boston and I ordered a delectable tomato and artichoke bruschetta with thick pieces of parmesan cheese for an horderve. Scrumptious! We then had a choice of soup or salad, of which I chose a caesar salad (again, delicious) and Boston had a sweet, creamy butternut squash soup that's honestly sensational; probably the best soup I've tasted. Our entrees were larger than I remember them typically being. I dove into my Dill-Crusted Salmon with steamed vegetables and potatoes au-gratin, while Boston savored and a juicy sirloin with veal sauce and lemon-zested shrimp, along with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies to top it off. We didn't have any room (or money) for dessert. but I'm sure their desserts are delightful as well; maybe one day we'll get to try them! Although our meals were early in the day, our stomaches were filled throughout the night. It was certainly a wonderful time.
Boston and I ordered a delectable tomato and artichoke bruschetta with thick pieces of parmesan cheese for an horderve. Scrumptious! We then had a choice of soup or salad, of which I chose a caesar salad (again, delicious) and Boston had a sweet, creamy butternut squash soup that's honestly sensational; probably the best soup I've tasted. Our entrees were larger than I remember them typically being. I dove into my Dill-Crusted Salmon with steamed vegetables and potatoes au-gratin, while Boston savored and a juicy sirloin with veal sauce and lemon-zested shrimp, along with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies to top it off. We didn't have any room (or money) for dessert. but I'm sure their desserts are delightful as well; maybe one day we'll get to try them! Although our meals were early in the day, our stomaches were filled throughout the night. It was certainly a wonderful time.
There was also a knock on the door on Saturday, even before all the fanciness of dinner, which brought me something else special for you to see!
My husband has certainly made me a happy wife!



Aww you guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteGood job Boston!
ReplyDeletewow, even i'm full now!! great description, i felt like i was watching you guys savor your dinner...and as always, i am soo soo glad you have each other! (it's fun having a special place that just a little too expensive but splurging once in a great while anyways, huh?) i love you both so much!! love, mom
ReplyDelete