Friday, July 31, 2009

Jess can't speak Spanish for frijoles!

Boston's phone broke a couple of days ago, so he's been calling me from his co-workers' phones while on the job.  Well, today he called from a co-worker that only speaks spanish.  I missed the call, and had no idea whose phone he called from, so I called it back thinking to just ask to speak with him.  

Ring! Ring!  "Estoy Marco," said the voice on the other line. 

 "Uh......" I've taken 3 years of Spanish AND more than 1/2 my family speaks the language!  But my mind was blank.  "Is Boston there?"

More spanish mumble from the other line.  Finally he says, "Two minutes?"

"Okay," I responded, thinking he means just a minute.  After listening for a while, still no Boston on the line.  I decided to take a different approach.  Think!  Think!  You have to remember some conversational skills from Spanish class!  "Hay Boston con . . . tu?"

He started laughing a little and said, "Yes, si, two minutes?"  

I said, "Okay," again, but still Boston didn't seem to ever get the phone, so I just hung up!  Boston ended up calling back a moment later.  

HAHAHA!  I thought to write this because I NOW remember how you ask if someone's there on the phone: "Esta ______?" Translation: "Is Boston there?"   Simple as that! 
And since I didn't know the guy previously in actuality I ended up saying something along the lines of, "Is there Boston with you dawg?"  Lol!  Jess needs to brush up on her Espanol!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment